“Ultimate iCarly Insider Sweepstakes”
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS SWEEPSTAKES.
A purchase will not increase your chances of winning. Void in Puerto Rico and where prohibited or restricted by law.
1. SWEEPSTAKES PERIOD: The Sweepstakes begins at 12:00 p.m. (Eastern Time “ET”) on June 27, 2011 and ends at 11:59 p.m. ET on July 25, 2011.
2. HOW TO ENTER: Visit website www.nick.com/hpveer (the “Sweepstakes Site”) and complete a registration form. Completed entry form (“Entry”) must be submitted in accordance with the online directions during the Sweepstakes Period. Incomplete forms will be disqualified. Use of a profane username or the submission of false or misleading personal information by Participant (as defined in Paragraph 3 below) will be grounds for disqualification. Entries limited to one (1) entry per calendar day/per person and/or email address.
Opt out: The parent or legal guardian (“Parent”) of any entrant who self identifies as being under the age of thirteen (13) (“Minor”) will be sent an initial e-mail notification advising Parent that his/her child has registered at the Sweepstakes Site for entry into the Sweepstakes, and will be provided with the option to withdraw the entry. If the Parent does not opt out the Minor’s registration online within the Sweepstakes Period, the entry will be approved.
3. ELIGIBILITY: To enter the Sweepstakes you must have your Parent’s permission if you are considered a Minor and be: (i) a legal resident of one of the fifty (50) United States or the District of Columbia and (ii) between the ages of eight (8) and sixteen (16) at the time of entry (“Participant”). The Sweepstakes and any web pages and advertisements/promotions relating thereto are intended for viewing only within the United States. The Sweepstakes is void in Puerto Rico and where prohibited or restricted by law. MTV Networks (“Sponsor”), National Sweepstakes Company, LLC (“Administrator”), all prize providers associated with the Sweepstakes, and all of their respective affiliated entities, parent, and subsidiary companies, licensors, distributors, divisions and their advertising, production and promotion agencies (collectively, “Sweepstakes Entities”), and each of their respective officers, directors, licensors, employees, representatives and agents, and members of their immediate families (parents, step parents, children, step children, siblings, step siblings, spouses, regardless of where they reside) and members of their households (whether related or not) and those winners who have won a grand prize in any Sponsor-related sweepstakes/promotion in the twelve (12) months prior to the start of the Sweepstakes Period are ineligible to participate in this Sweepstakes. Eligibility will be determined by Sponsor and/or Administrator in its/their sole discretion.
4. DRAWING AND NOTIFICATION: Administrator will conduct a random drawing of a potential winner (“Potential Winner”) on or about August 1, 2011. Potential Winner will be notified by email or telephone on or about August 8, 2011 and will have five (5) days to respond. Odds of winning a prize depend on the total number of eligible Entries received during the Sweepstakes Period. If a Potential Winner cannot be contacted or does not respond within such period of time, such Potential Winner and Entry will be disqualified and another Potential Winner will be selected from the remaining eligible Entries received.
5. PRIZING: Grand Prize (1): Grand Prize Winner will receive a trip for him/herself and three (3) guests (one of whom must be a Parent of the Grand Prize Winner and all other guests must be at least eight (8) years of age at the time of the trip) (collectively, the “Guests”) to Los Angeles, CA (the “Trip Package”). Trip Package includes (i) roundtrip coach airfare for Grand Prize Winner and his/her Guests from the airport nearest the Grand Prize Winner’s residence to Los Angeles, CA; (ii) round-trip ground transportation for Grand Prize Winner and his/her Guests from Grand Prize Winner’s home to airport and from airport to hotel; (iii) standard hotel accommodations for 2 nights/3 days (double room; quad occupancy) for Grand Prize Winner and his/her Guests; (iv) a visit for Grand Prize Winner and his/her Guests to the “iCarly” set; (v) a DVD set of Seasons 1 through Seasons 3 of “iCarly”; and (vi) $1,000 cash prize for Grand Prize Winner. If “iCarly” is no longer in production when the Sweepstakes is fulfilled, the Grand Prize Winner and his/her Guests will visit the set of a different Nickelodeon show as determined in Sponsor’s sole discretion. Total Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of Grand Prize: $6,020.00. Travel restrictions, conditions and limitations may apply. ARV of Grand Prize may vary depending on point of departure, travel dates and fare/rate fluctuations. Minors must be accompanied at all times during trip (including, but not limited to, in-flight, hotel stay and all prize related events) by their Parent. Any person that participates in the Trip Package that is not the Grand Prize Winner and his/her Guests must pay his/her own expenses.
The Trip Package will take place between September 1, 2011 through December 31, 2011. Grand Prize Winner and his/her Guests must be able to travel on dates to be determined by Sponsor. Exact dates of travel to be determined at Sponsor’s sole discretion. The Trip Package is subject to certain restrictions. All meals, ground transportation and incidentals not described herein and incurred by the Grand Prize Winner and his/her Guests will be the sole responsibility of the Grand Prize Winner and his/her Guests.
If Grand Prize Winner resides within a sixty (60) mile radius of Los Angeles, CA (a “local resident”), in lieu of the round trip coach air transportation portion of the Trip Package, Grand Prize Winner and Guests will receive round-trip limousine transportation of Sponsor’s choice for Grand Prize Winner and his/her Guests from Grand Prize Winner’s residence to the hotel accommodations. No compensation will be awarded in lieu of the difference in the ARV for the Grand Prize for a local resident and the ARV for the Grand Prize for the Grand Prize Winner who is not a local resident.
First Prize (100): First Prize winners will each receive a DVD set of Seasons 1 through Seasons 3 of “iCarly” (ARV: $120.00).
Second Prize (50): Second Prize winners will each receive a DVD set of Season 3 of “iCarly” (ARV: $20.00 each).
Total ARV of Grand Prize, First Prizes and Second Prizes (collectively, “Prizes”): $19,020.00
6. GENERAL PRIZE CONDITIONS/RESTRICTIONS: Grand Prize Winner and his/her Guests must possess United States government-approved travel documents prior to awarding of the Grand Prize and be willing to sign any other legal documents required by Sponsor or Administrator and travel on the same itinerary. Exact travel times and arrangements are subject to availability and blackout periods. Travel must be completed on a date to be provided by Sponsor. The Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible for any cancellations, delays, diversions or substitutions, or any act or omission whatsoever with respect to the Trip Package. Except as indicated in the Trip Package, all meals, taxes, gratuities, travel insurance, bag check fees, parking fees, laundry service, food, alcoholic beverages, incidentals (including mini-bar), phone charges, merchandise, souvenirs and other expenses not specifically identified in these Official Rules are solely the responsibility of the Grand Prize Winner and Guests. Grand Prize Winner and Guests must comply with all hotel check-in requirements, including, but not limited to, the presentation of a major credit card.
Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible for any mechanical difficulties or failure connected with the Prizes, or any act or omission whatsoever. No transfer, substitution, or cash equivalent for the Prizes is allowed except at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole and absolute discretion, to substitute Prizes or components of Prizes with a prize of equal or greater value if a prize component cannot be awarded as described for any reason. Trip Package is non-transferable and may not be given, bartered, substituted, sold, or exchanged for cash or another prize. Unused components of the Trip Package have no redeemable cash value. Any difference between the ARV and the actual value, if any, of the Prizes will not be awarded. All airline tickets issued in connection with the Trip Package are not eligible for frequent flyer miles. Airline tickets cannot be used in conjunction with any other promotion or offer.
In the event that a Potential Winner chooses not to accept his/her prize, or is unable to be notified, an alternate Potential Winner will be randomly selected from all of the remaining eligible Entries. If Sponsor is unable to award the Prize(s) after three (3) attempts, the Prize(s) will not be awarded. If Grand Prize Winner elects to travel or partake in the Trip Package with fewer than three (3) Guests, no additional compensation will be awarded. If Grand Prize Winner elects to travel or partake in the Trip Package with more than three (3) Guests, such additional guest(s) shall be responsible for any and all costs associated with such travel. Air transportation and hotel accommodations must be taken together and cannot be taken separately. No changes will be made to travel details once any element(s) of the travel arrangements have been booked, except at Sponsor’s sole discretion. All airline tickets issued in conjunction with the Trip Package are not eligible for upgrades. Lost or stolen tickets, travel vouchers or certificates or similar items, once they are in Grand Prize Winner’s possession, will not be replaced. Travel is subject to capacity controls, availability, blackout dates and certain other restrictions, all of which are subject to change. Travel must be roundtrip. No stopovers are permitted on tickets issued as the Trip Package. If a stopover occurs, the Trip Package will terminate and Grand Prize Winner and/or his/her Guests will be responsible for the full fare which will be charged from the stopover point for the remaining trip segment(s), including the return. Airline and flight itinerary will be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Any unclaimed and/or unused Trip Package or element thereof will be forfeited by and will remain the property of Sponsor. No refund or compensation will be made in the event of the cancellation or delay of any flight. Travel is subject to the terms and conditions set forth in these Official Rules and those set forth by Sponsor’s air travel prize supplier, as detailed in the passenger ticket contract issued by such supplier. In the event Grand Prize Winner and/or his or her Guest(s) engage in behavior that (as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion) is obnoxious or threatening, illegal or that is intended to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person, Sponsor reserves the right to terminate the trip or other applicable experience early, in whole or in part, and send Grand Prize Winner and/or his or her Guests home with no further compensation.
7. SWEEPSTAKES CONDITIONS: By submitting an Entry, each Participant (whether declared an Official Winner or not) agrees (and agrees to affirm such in writing) to (i) abide by and be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor on all matters relating to this Sweepstakes which decisions are final and binding in all respects, (ii) waive any right to claim ambiguity in the Sweepstakes or these Official Rules, (iii) forever and irrevocably release, discharge, indemnify and hold harmless the Sweepstakes Entities, and each of their respective officers, directors, licensors, employees, representatives and agents (the “Released Parties”) from any liability, claims, demands, and cause of action from personal injury, loss or damage, including death, or property damage, theft, or loss suffered or resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from participation in this Sweepstakes or the use, misuse or acceptance or possession of the Prizes or any portion thereof, or participation in any Sweepstakes-related activity; (iv) grant Sponsor (where permitted by law) the right to use his/her name, address (city and state only), and biographical information on a worldwide basis, in all forms of media, in perpetuity and for advertising or promotional purposes without review or further compensation; and (v) warrant and represent that the use of the materials submitted in this Sweepstakes will not violate the rights of any third parties. Entries must be in keeping with Sponsor’s positive image, as determined by Sponsor and Administrator in their sole discretion. Any materials containing obscenity, crude language, or descriptions of a violent or sexual nature (as defined solely by Sponsor or Administrator) will not be accepted and the associated Entry will be disqualified. All federal, state or other tax liabilities (including income taxes) arising from the Prizes contained in this Sweepstakes will be solely the responsibility of the Grand Prize Winner, the First Prize Winners and the Second Prize Winners (collectively, the “Winners”). Receipt of any of the prize components of this Sweepstakes is conditioned upon compliance with any and all applicable federal, state and local laws, rules, and regulations. Noncompliance with any of the above will result in disqualification.
If for any reason the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other cause beyond the control of the Sweepstake Entities which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes. In connection therewith and without limitation of Sponsor’s right hereunder, Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, either: (a) suspend the Sweepstakes to address the impairment and then resume the Sweepstakes in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of these Official Rules; or (b) cancel the Sweepstakes and award the Prizes from among the eligible entries received up to the time of the impairment.
Entries generated by a script, computer programs, macro, programmed, robotic or other automated means will be disqualified. Entries that are incomplete, illegible, corrupted, false, lost, late or misdirected, deceptive or otherwise not in compliance with the Official Rules may be disqualified from the Sweepstakes at Sponsor's sole and absolute discretion.
8. QUALIFICATION OF WINNER: Before a Potential Winner will be deemed an Official Winner, he/she will be required to execute and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, a Liability Release/Publicity Release (except where prohibited) (the “Affidavit/Release”) and any other legal documents that Sponsor may require, including, but not limited to, a W-9 tax form, within five (5) days from the date of Sponsor sending such documents to the Potential Winner or be subject to disqualification. The Potential Winner must be able to provide proof that the Potential Winner is eligible to be deemed an Official Winner to Sponsor and/or Administrator’s satisfaction. If the documents are not returned within that time, or Potential Winner or Official Winner is found to be ineligible, or does not comply with the Official Rules, then he/she will be disqualified and an alternate Potential Winner may be selected. A prize notification being returned as undeliverable will result in disqualification of such Entry. All travelers must sign an Affidavit/Release prior to ticketing.
9. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: Released Parties are not responsible for any claims, damages, lawsuits, causes of action, proceedings, or liability due to any injuries, theft, damages, expenses, costs, or losses to any person (including death) or property of any kind resulting from, arising from, or in connection with, in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from i) any typographical or other error in the printing of the Official Rules, offering or announcement of any prize or ambiguity in the Official Rules, ii) lost, late, stolen, misdirected, damaged, incomplete or garbled Entries, iii) any error in the collection or retention of entry information, including, but not limited to, incorrect or inaccurate transcription, receipt or transmission of any part of the Entry due to human error, iv) any wrongful, negligent, or unauthorized act or omission on the part of any of the Sweepstakes Entities, or any of their agents or employees, v) the Sweepstakes and any elements thereof, and the participation or inability to participate in any Sweepstakes-related activity or participation in this Sweepstakes, including, but not limited to, any damage to Participant’s (or any third person’s) telephone system and/or its contents related to or resulting from any part of the Sweepstakes, vi) any malfunction of the telephone system, whether technical or due to human error in nature, lost/delayed data transmission, omissions, interruptions, deletion, defect, line failures, postponement, cancellation, or modification of the Sweepstakes, including, but not limited to, interruption or inability to access the Sweepstakes due to hardware or software compatibility problems of any telephone network (TSP), computer online systems (ISP), servers or providers, computer equipment, software, failure on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the internet or at any website or any combination thereof, including injury or damage to participants or to any other person’s telephone system related to or resulting from participating, vii) acceptance, receipt, possession, attendance at, travel related to, defects in, misuse, inability to use, or use of any prize element contained in the Prizes including, but not limited to, lost, stolen, damaged, delayed, or misdirected or destroyed Prizes (or any element thereof), or viii) any change in the prizing (or any components thereof) due to unavailability, any of which is due to reasons beyond Sweepstakes Entities’ control, including, but not limited to, by reason of any acts of God, any action(s), regulation(s), order(s) or request(s) by any governmental or quasi-governmental entity (whether or not such action(s), regulation(s), order(s) or request(s) prove(s) to be invalid), equipment failure including, but not limited to, overloading of the Sweepstakes Site due to excessive use, threatened or actual terrorist acts, air raid(s), blackout(s), act(s) of public enemy, earthquake, war (declared or undeclared), fire, flood, epidemic(s), explosion, unusually severe weather, hurricane, embargo, labor dispute or strike (whether legal or illegal), labor or material shortage, transportation interruption of any kind, work slow-down, civil disturbance, insurrection, riot, or any other cause beyond any of the Sweepstakes Entities’ sole and reasonable control, or as otherwise permitted in these Official Rules.
In addition, Released Parties shall not be responsible for any cancellations, delays, diversions or substitutions or any acts or omissions whatsoever by any performer(s)/event(s), air carrier(s), hotel(s), or other transportation companies or any other persons providing any of these services and accommodations to passengers including any results thereof such as changes in services or accommodations necessitated by same. The passenger contracts in use by the airlines or other transportation companies shall constitute the sole contracts with respect to Grand Prize Winner's and his/her Guests’ transportation and such contracts shall be solely between Grand Prize Winner, his/her Guests’ and such transportation companies. Sweepstakes Entities shall not be parties to such contracts and shall assume no responsibility in such connection. Released Parties shall not be liable for any loss or damage to baggage or the loss, theft or damage of cash, cameras, jewelry, securities, heirlooms, negotiable papers or other valuables.
Winners hereby acknowledge that the Sweepstakes Entities have neither made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any express or implied warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to the prize or any component thereof. Winners and Grand Prize Winner’s Guests assume all liability for any injury or damage caused, or claimed to be caused, by participating in this Sweepstakes or use or redemption of the Prizes. In the event a Potential Winner or Official Winner is disqualified for any reason under the provisions of these Official Rules, such Potential Winner or Official Winner shall forfeit all rights to any prize will be forfeited in its entirety and a random drawing will be conducted in order to select an alternate Potential Winner, if time permits.
WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, THE SWEEPSTAKES, THE PRIZES, AND ALL MATERIALS PROVIDED ON OR THROUGH THE SWEEPSTAKES SITE ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. CHECK YOUR LOCAL LAWS FOR ANY RESTRICTIONS OR LIMITATIONS REGARDING THESE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS.
Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual that Sponsor or Administrator finds to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law.
Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
10. GOVERNING LAW/JURISDICTION. The Sweepstakes and these Official Rules are governed by and shall be construed in accordance with the substantive laws of the State of New York (as distinguished from the choice of law rules) applicable to contracts made and performed entirely in New York and where the relevant contacts are with such state. The New York courts (state and federal) shall have sole jurisdiction of any controversies regarding the Sweepstakes. Each Participant waives any and all objections to jurisdiction and venue in these courts and hereby submits to the jurisdiction of those courts. Except where prohibited, as a condition of participating in this Sweepstakes, each Participant agrees that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes, the Prizes awarded, or the determination of the Official Winner shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action. Participant further agrees that in any cause of action, the Sweepstakes Entities’ entire liability will be limited to the cost of entering and participating in the Sweepstakes, and in no event shall the Sweepstakes Entities be liable for attorneys' fees and/or experts' fees and costs. Participant waives the right to claim any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct, or indirect damages and Participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
12. RULES/WINNERS LIST: To receive the name of the Winners or an additional copy of these Official Rules, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: “Ultimate iCarly Insider Sweepstakes” c/o National Sweepstakes Company, LLC, 693 East Avenue, Rochester, NY 14607. Please specify “Rules” or “Winner Info”. All requests must be received by September 24, 2011. Vermont residents may omit return postage if requesting a set of Official Rules. You may also view the Official Rules by visiting www.nick.com/hpveer during the Sweepstakes Period.
13. SPONSOR/PROMOTER(S): MTV Networks, 1515 Broadway, New York, NY 10036.
14. SWEEPSTAKES ADMINISTRATOR: National Sweepstakes Company, LLC, 693 East Avenue, Rochester, NY 14607.
15. Hewlett Packard Company is not a sponsor, promoter or administrator of this Sweepstakes and is not the Sweepstakes Site owner or operator.