“Nickelodeon and Toys "R" Us Great Big Toy Run Sweepstakes”
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER. A purchase will not increase your chances of winning. Void in Puerto Rico and where prohibited or restricted by law.
1. SWEEPSTAKES PERIOD: The Sweepstakes begins at 12:00 p.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) on October 28, 2011 and ends at 11:59 p.m. ET on November 23, 2011.
2. HOW TO ENTER: You must have your Parent’s permission prior to entering. Visit www.nick.com/greatbigtoyrun or http://www.facebook.com/spongebob?v=app_201099109959477 (collectively the “Sweepstakes Site”) on your computer and complete a registration form. Completed entry form must be submitted in accordance with the online directions during the Sweepstakes Period. Incomplete forms will be disqualified. Use of a profane username or the submission of false or misleading personal information by Participant (as defined in Paragraph 3 below) will be grounds for disqualification. Entries limited to one (1) entry per person and/or email address. Entries generated by a script, computer programs, macro, programmed, robotic or other automated means will be disqualified. Entries that are incomplete, illegible, corrupted, false, lost, late or misdirected, deceptive or otherwise not in compliance with the Official Rules may be disqualified from the Sweepstakes at Sponsor's sole and absolute discretion.
OPT OUT: The parent or legal guardian (“Parent”) of any entrant who self identifies as under the age of thirteen (13) will be sent an initial e-mail notification advising Parent that his/her child has registered at the Sweepstakes Site for entry into the Sweepstakes, and will be provided with the option to withdraw the entry. If the Parent does not opt out the child’s registration online within the Sweepstakes Period, the entry will be approved.
3. ELIGIBILITY: To enter the Sweepstakes you must have your Parent’s permission and be: (i) a legal resident of one (1) of the fifty (50) United States or the District of Columbia, (ii) between six (6) and fifteen (15) years of age at the time of entry, and (iii) physically located within one (1) of the fifty (50) United States or the District of Columbia at the time of entry (each, a “Participant”). Participants who are under the age of majority in their state of residence (“Minor”), must have the permission of his/her Parent prior to entry and such Entry shall be deemed submitted by the Parent and shall be treated as if the Parent had made such Entry. The Sweepstakes and any web pages and advertisements/promotions relating thereto are intended for viewing only within the United States. Viacom Media Networks (“Sponsor”), The National Sweepstakes Company (“Administrator”), all prize providers associated with the Sweepstakes, and all of their respective affiliates, parent, and subsidiary companies, licensors, distributors, divisions and their advertising, production and promotion agencies (collectively, “Sweepstakes Entities”), and each of their respective officers, directors, licensors, employees, representatives and agents, and members of their immediate families (parents, step parents, children, step children, siblings, step siblings, spouses, regardless of where they reside) and members of their households (whether related or not) and those winners who have won a grand prize in any Sponsor-related sweepstakes/promotion in the twelve (12) months prior to the start of the Sweepstakes Period are ineligible to participate in this Sweepstakes. Eligibility will be determined by Sponsor and/or Administrator in its/their sole discretion.
4. DRAWING AND NOTIFICATION: Administrator will conduct a random drawing of one (1) potential grand prize winner and 100 secondary prize winners (each, a “Potential Winner”) on or about November 29, 2011. Potential Winner will be notified by email on or about December 1, 2011 and will have three (3) business days to respond. Odds of winning a prize depend on the total number of eligible Entries received during the Sweepstakes Period. If a Potential Winner cannot be contacted or does not respond within such period of time, such Potential Winner and Entry will be disqualified and another Potential Winner will be selected from the remaining eligible Entries received.
5. PRIZING: Grand Prize (1): Grand Prize Winner will be awarded a trip for the Grand Prize Winner and three (3) guests (one of whom must be the Grand Prize Winner's Parent) (“Guests”) to New York, NY in order for Grand Prize Winner to participate in the Toys “R” Us Toy Run (the “Trip Package”). Trip Package includes (i) roundtrip coach airfare for the Grand Prize Winner and his/her Guests from the airport nearest the Grand Prize Winner’s residence to the major airport nearest New York, NY; (ii) standard hotel accommodations for 3 nights (double room; quad occupancy) for the Grand Prize Winner and his/her Guests; (iii) a trip to the Times Square Toys “R” Us store to partake in the Toys “R” Us Toy Run and win toys and other retail items with an approximate retail value (“ARV”) not to exceed $5,000.00; and (iv) $1,000.00 spending money for Grand Prize Winner. The total ARV of the Grand Prize is $9,000.00. Travel restrictions, conditions and limitations may apply. ARV of Grand Prize may vary depending on point of departure, travel dates and fare/rate fluctuations. Any person that participates in the Trip Package that is not the Grand Prize Winner or his/her Guests must pay his/her own expenses.
Grand Prize Winner and Guests must be able to travel for 3 nights and 4 days in 2012. Exact dates of travel to be determined at Sponsor’s sole discretion. The Trip Package is subject to certain restrictions. If in Sponsor's sole discretion, the Grand Prize winner is incapable of running the Toy Run (because of age or physical disability), Grand Prize Winner may select a surrogate for such activity (subject to the approval of Sponsor) for the winner but all of the prizes must be awarded to the Grand Prize Winner. Grand Prize Winner’s substitute will not be eligible for any of the prizes.
If the Grand Prize Winner resides within a sixty (60) mile radius of New York, NY (a “local resident”), in lieu of the round trip coach air transportation portion of the Trip Package, that Grand Prize Winner will receive round-trip limousine transportation of Sponsor’s choice for the Grand Prize Winner and his/her Guests from Grand Prize Winner’s residence to the hotel accommodations. No compensation will be awarded in lieu of the difference in the ARV for the Grand Prize for a local resident and the ARV for the Grand Prize for a Grand Prize Winner who is not a local resident.
First Prize (100): One hundred winners will each receive a $100.00 Toys “R” Us gift card. Gift card is subject to certain terms and conditions as specified by issuers. Total retail value of all First Prizes: $10,000.00.
6. GENERAL PRIZE CONDITIONS/RESTRICTIONS: Grand Prize Winner and his/her Guests must possess United States government-approved travel documents prior to awarding of the Grand Prize and be willing to sign any other legal documents required by Sponsor or Administrator and travel on the same itinerary. Exact travel times and arrangements are subject to availability and blackout periods. Travel must be completed on a date to be provided by Sponsor. The Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible for any cancellations, delays, diversions or substitutions, or any act or omission whatsoever with respect to the Trip Package. Except as indicated in the Trip Package, all meals, taxes, gratuities, travel insurance, bag check fees, parking fees, laundry service, food, alcoholic beverages, incidentals (including mini-bar), phone charges, merchandise, souvenirs and other expenses not specifically identified in these Official Rules are solely the responsibility of the Grand Prize Winner and his/her Guests. Grand Prize Winner and his/her Guests must comply with all hotel check-in requirements, including, but not limited to, the presentation of a major credit card.
Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible for any mechanical difficulties or failure connected with the Grand Prize, or any act or omission whatsoever. No transfer, substitution, or cash equivalent for the Grand Prize is allowed except at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole and absolute discretion, to substitute the Grand Prize or components of the Grand Prize with a prize of equal or greater value if a prize component cannot be awarded as described for any reason. Trip Package is non-transferable and may not be given, bartered, substituted, sold, or exchanged for cash or another prize. Unused components of the Trip Package have no redeemable cash value. Any difference between the ARV and the actual value, if any, of the Grand Prize will not be awarded. All airline tickets issued in connection with the Trip Package are not eligible for frequent flyer miles. Airline tickets cannot be used in conjunction with any other promotion or offer.
In the event that a Potential Winner chooses not to accept his/her prize, or is unable to be notified, an alternate Potential Winner may be randomly selected from all of the remaining eligible Entries. If Sponsor is unable to award the Grand Prize after three attempts, the Grand Prize will not be awarded. If the Grand Prize Winner elects to travel or partake in the Trip Package with fewer than three (3) Guests, no additional compensation will be awarded. If the Grand Prize Winner elects to travel or partake in the Trip Package with more than three (3) Guests, such additional guest(s) shall be responsible for any and all costs associated with such travel. Air transportation and hotel accommodations must be taken together and cannot be taken separately. No changes will be made to travel details once any element(s) of the travel arrangements have been booked, except at Sponsor’s sole discretion. All airline tickets issued in conjunction with the Trip Package are not eligible for upgrades. Lost or stolen tickets, travel vouchers or certificates or similar items, once they are in Grand Prize Winner’s possession, will not be replaced. Travel is subject to capacity controls, availability, blackout dates and certain other restrictions, all of which are subject to change. Travel must be roundtrip. No stopovers are permitted on tickets issued as the Trip Package. If a stopover occurs, the Trip Package will terminate and Grand Prize Winner and/or his or her Guests will be responsible for the full fare which will be charged from the stopover point for the remaining trip segment(s), including the return. Airline and flight itinerary will be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Any unclaimed and/or unused Trip Package or element thereof will be forfeited by and will remain the property of Sponsor. No refund or compensation will be made in the event of the cancellation or delay of any flight. Travel is subject to the terms and conditions set forth in these Official Rules and those set forth by Sponsor’s air travel prize supplier, as detailed in the passenger ticket contract issued by such supplier. In the event the Grand Prize Winner and/or his or her Guests engage in behavior that (as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion) is obnoxious or threatening, illegal or that is intended to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person, Sponsor reserves the right to terminate the trip or other applicable experience early, in whole or in part, and send Grand Prize Winner and/or his or her Guests home with no further compensation.
7. SWEEPSTAKES CONDITIONS: By submitting an Entry, each Participant (whether declared an Official Winner or not) agrees (and agrees to affirm such in writing) to (i) abide by and be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor on all matters relating to this Sweepstakes, which decisions are final and binding in all respects, (ii) waive any right to claim ambiguity in the Sweepstakes or these Official Rules, (iii) forever and irrevocably release, discharge, indemnify and hold harmless the Sweepstakes Entities, Facebook and each of their respective officers, directors, licensors, employees, representatives and agents (the “Released Parties”) from any liability, claims, demands, and cause of action from personal injury, loss or damage, including death, or property damage, theft, or loss suffered or resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from participation in this Sweepstakes or the use, misuse or acceptance or possession of the Grand Prize or any portion thereof, or participation in any Sweepstakes-related activity; (iv) grant Sponsor (where permitted by law) the right to use his/her name, address (city and state only), and biographical information on a worldwide basis, in all forms of media, in perpetuity and for advertising or promotional purposes without review or further compensation and, (v) warrant and represent that the use of the materials submitted in this Sweepstakes will not violate the rights of any third parties. Entries must be in keeping with Sponsor’s positive image, as determined by Sponsor and Administrator in their sole discretion. Any materials containing obscenity, crude language, or descriptions of a violent or sexual nature (as defined solely by Sponsor or Administrator) will not be accepted and the associated Entry will be disqualified. All federal, state or other tax liabilities (including income taxes) arising from the Grand Prize contained in this Sweepstakes will be solely the responsibility of the Grand Prize Winner. Receipt of any of the prize components of this Sweepstakes is conditioned upon compliance with any and all applicable federal, state and local laws, rules, and regulations. Noncompliance with any of the above will result in disqualification.
If for any reason the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other cause beyond the control of the Sweepstake Entities which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes. Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, either: (a) suspend the Sweepstakes to address the impairment and then resume the Sweepstakes in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of these Official Rules; or (b) cancel the Sweepstakes and award the Grand Prize from among the eligible entries received up to the time of the impairment.
8. QUALIFICATION OF WINNER: Before a Potential Winner will be deemed an Official Winner, he/she will be required to execute and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, a Liability Release/Publicity Release (except where prohibited) (the “Affidavit/Release”) and any other legal documents that Sponsor may require, including, but not limited to, a W-9 tax form, within three (3) business days from the date of Sponsor sending such documents to the Potential Winner or be subject to disqualification. The Potential Winner must be able to provide proof that the Potential Winner is eligible to be deemed an Official Winner to Sponsor and/or Administrator’s satisfaction. If the documents are not returned within that time, or Potential Winner or Official Winner is found to be ineligible, or does not comply with the Official Rules, then he/she will be disqualified and an alternate Potential Winner may be selected. A prize notification being returned as undeliverable will result in disqualification of such Entry. All travelers must sign an Affidavit/Release prior to ticketing.
9. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: Released Parties are not responsible for any claims, damages, lawsuits, causes of action, proceedings, or liability due to any injuries, theft, damages, expenses, costs, or losses to any person (including death) or property of any kind resulting from, arising from, or in connection with, in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from i) any typographical or other error in the printing of the Official Rules, offering or announcement of any prize or any ambiguity in the Official Rules, ii) lost, late, stolen, misdirected, damaged, incomplete or garbled Entries, iii) any error in the collection or retention of entry information, including, but not limited to, incorrect or inaccurate transcription, receipt or transmission of any part of the Entry due to human error, iv) any wrongful, negligent, or unauthorized act or omission on the part of any of the Sweepstakes Entities, or any of their agents or employees, v) the Sweepstakes and any elements thereof, and the participation or inability to participate in any Sweepstakes-related activity or participation in this Sweepstakes, including, but not limited to, any damage to Participant’s (or any third person’s) telephone system and/or its contents related to or resulting from any part of the Sweepstakes, vi) any malfunction of the telephone system, whether technical or due to human error in nature, lost/delayed data transmission, omissions, interruptions, deletion, defect, line failures, postponement, cancellation, or modification of the Sweepstakes, including, but not limited to, interruption or inability to access the Sweepstakes due to hardware or software compatibility problems of any telephone network (TSP), computer online systems (ISP), servers or providers, computer equipment, software, failure on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the internet or at any website or any combination thereof, including injury or damage to participants or to any other person’s telephone system related to or resulting from participating, vii) acceptance, receipt, possession, attendance at, travel related to, defects in, misuse, inability to use, or use of any prize element contained in the Grand Prize including, but not limited to, lost, stolen, damaged, delayed, or misdirected or destroyed Grand Prize (or any element thereof), or viii) any change in the prizing (or any components thereof) due to unavailability, any of which is due to reasons beyond Sweepstakes Entities’ control, including, but not limited to, by reason of any acts of God, any action(s), regulation(s), order(s) or request(s) by any governmental or quasi-governmental entity (whether or not such action(s), regulation(s), order(s) or request(s) prove(s) to be invalid), equipment failure including, but not limited to, overloading of the Sweepstakes Site due to excessive use, threatened or actual terrorist acts, air raid(s), blackout(s), act(s) of public enemy, earthquake, war (declared or undeclared), fire, flood, epidemic(s), explosion, unusually severe weather, hurricane, embargo, labor dispute or strike (whether legal or illegal), labor or material shortage, transportation interruption of any kind, work slow-down, civil disturbance, insurrection, riot, or any other cause beyond any of the Sweepstakes Entities’ sole and reasonable control, or as otherwise permitted in these Official Rules.
In addition, Released Parties shall not be responsible for any cancellations, delays, diversions or substitutions or any acts or omissions whatsoever by any performer(s)/event(s), air carrier(s), hotel(s), or other transportation companies or any other persons providing any of these services and accommodations to passengers, including any results thereof, such as changes in services or accommodations necessitated by same. The passenger contracts in use by the airlines or other transportation companies shall constitute the sole contracts with respect to the Grand Prize Winner’s and his/her Guests’ transportation and such contracts shall be solely between the Grand Prize Winner, his/her Guests and such transportation companies. Sweepstakes Entities shall not be parties to such contracts and shall assume no responsibility in such connection. Released Parties shall not be liable for any loss or damage to baggage or the loss, theft or damage of cash, cameras, jewelry, securities, heirlooms, negotiable papers or other valuables.
Winners hereby acknowledge that the Sweepstakes Entities have neither made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any express or implied warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to the prize or any component thereof. Grand Prize Winner and his/her Guests assume all liability for any injury or damage caused, or claimed to be caused, by participating in this Sweepstakes or use or redemption of the Grand Prize. In the event a Potential Winner or Official Winner is disqualified for any reason under the provisions of these Official Rules, such Potential Winner or Official Winner and all rights to any prize will be forfeited in its entirety and a random drawing may be conducted in order to select an alternate Potential Winner, if time permits.
WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, THE SWEEPSTAKES, THE GRAND PRIZE, AND ALL MATERIALS PROVIDED ON OR THROUGH THE SWEEPSTAKES SITE ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT.
Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual that Sponsor or Administrator find to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law.
Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
10. GOVERNING LAW/JURISDICTION. The Sweepstakes and these Official Rules are governed by and shall be construed in accordance with the substantive laws of the State of New York (as distinguished from the choice of law rules) applicable to contracts made and performed entirely in New York and where the relevant contacts are with such state. The New York courts (state and federal) shall have sole jurisdiction of any controversies regarding the Sweepstakes. Each Participant waives any and all objections to jurisdiction and venue in these courts and hereby submits to the jurisdiction of those courts. Except where prohibited, as a condition of participating in this Sweepstakes, each Participant agrees that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes, the Grand Prize awarded, or the determination of the Official Winner shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action. Participant further agrees that in any cause of action, the Sweepstakes Entities’ entire liability will be limited to the cost of entering and participating in the Sweepstakes, and in no event shall the Sweepstakes Entities be liable for attorneys' fees and/or experts' fees and costs. Participant waives the right to claim any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct, or indirect damages and Participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
12. RULES/WINNERS LIST: To receive the name of the Winners or an additional copy of these Official Rules, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: “Great Big Toy Run Sweepstakes” c/o The National Sweepstakes Company, 693 East Avenue, Rochester, NY 14607. Please specify “Rules” or “Winner Info”. All requests must be received by January 23, 2011. Vermont residents may omit return postage if requesting a set of Official Rules. You may also view the Official Rules by visiting www.nick.com/greatbigtoyrun during the Sweepstakes Period.
13. SPONSOR/PROMOTER(S): Viacom Media Networks, 1515 Broadway, New York, NY 10036
14. SWEEPSTAKES ADMINISTRATOR: The National Sweepstakes Company, 693 East Avenue, Rochester, NY 14607
This Sweepstakes is not sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, nor is Facebook associated with the Sweepstakes in any way. Any questions, comments or complaints regarding the Sweepstakes must be directed to the Sponsor, and not to Facebook.