"Do Your Own Thing Sweepstakes”"
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS SWEEPSTAKES. Online Entry Only. A purchase will not increase your chances of winning. Void in Puerto Rico and where prohibited or restricted by law.
SPONSOR: Viacom Media Networks, 1515 Broadway, New York, NY 10036 (“Sponsor”).
SWEEPSTAKES ADMINISTRATOR: National Sweepstakes Company, LLC 693 East Avenue, Suite 302, Rochester, NY 14607 (“Administrator”).
1. TIMING: The Sweepstakes begins at 12:00:00 p.m. (noon) Eastern Standard Time (“EST”) on August 13, 2012 and ends at 11:59::59 p.m. EST on August 26, 2012 (“Sweepstakes Period”).
2. ELIGIBILITY: To enter the Sweepstakes you must have permission from your parent or legal guardian (“Parent”) and be (i) a legal resident of the 48 contiguous United States or the District of Columbia (the "Eligibility Area") and (ii) between the ages of nine (9) and fifteen (15) or the parent or legal guardian of a child between those ages at time of entry (“Participant” ). Sponsor, Administrator, all prize providers associated with the Sweepstakes, and all of their respective affiliates, parent, and subsidiary companies, licensors, distributors, divisions and their advertising, production and promotion agencies (collectively, “Sweepstakes Entities”), and each of their respective officers, directors, licensors, employees, representatives and agents, and members of their immediate families (parents, step parents, children, step children, siblings, step siblings, spouses, regardless of where they reside) and members of their households (whether related or not) and those winners who have won a grand prize in any Sponsor-related sweepstakes/promotion in the twelve (12) months prior to the start of the Sweepstakes Period are ineligible to participate in this Sweepstakes. Any dispute regarding eligibility will be settled by Sponsor and/or Administrator in their sole discretion.
4. DRAWING AND NOTIFICATION/ODDS: Administrator will conduct a random drawing, selecting one (1) grand prize winner ( “Potential Winner”) on or about August 28, 2012. Potential Winner will be notified by email or telephone on or about August 29, 2012. No messages will be left on Potential Winner’s voice messaging system. Odds of winning a prize depend on the total number of eligible Entries received during the Sweepstakes Period. If a Potential Winner cannot be contacted or does not respond within twenty-four (24) hours of Administrator’s first attempt, such Potential Winner and Entry will be disqualified and another Potential Winner will be selected from the remaining eligible Entries received.
5. QUALIFICATION OF WINNER: Before a Potential Winner will be deemed an Official Winner, he/she will be required to execute and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, a Liability Release/Publicity Release (except where prohibited) (the “Affidavit/Release”) and any other legal documents that Sponsor may require, including, but not limited to, a W-9 tax form, within one (1) business day from the date Sponsor sends such documents to the Potential Winner or be subject to disqualification. Potential Winner must be able to provide proof that the Potential Winner is eligible to be deemed an Official Winner to Sponsor and/or Administrator’s satisfaction. If the documents are not returned within that time, or Potential Winner or Official Winner is found to be ineligible, or does not comply with the Official Rules, then he/she will be disqualified and an alternate Potential Winner may be selected. A prize notification being returned as undeliverable will result in disqualification of such Entry.
6. GRAND PRIZE(1): Grand Prize Winner (“GP Winner”) will be awarded a trip for GP Winner and up to three (3) guests (one of which whom must be the parent of GP Winner) (“Guests”) to Ontario, California (the “Trip Package” ). Trip Package includes (i) roundtrip coach airfare for up to four (4) persons from the major commercial airport nearest the GP Winner’s residence to a major airport of Sponsor’s choice; (ii) two (2) nights standard hotel accommodations at hotel of Sponsor’s choice (single room, quadruple occupancy); (iii) four (4) general admission tickets and four (4) VIP backstage passes with meet and greet to the Big Time Rush concert on September 22, 2012; (iv) round trip ground transportation between airport, hotel and the concert location; (v) one (1) gift bag containing Big Time Rush merchandise; and (vi) $1,000.00 in spending money for GP Winner only. Total approximate retail value (“ARV”) of Grand Prize: $5,850.00. Travel restrictions, conditions and limitations may apply. ARV of Grand Prize may vary depending on point of departure, travel dates and fare/rate fluctuations. Any person that participates in the Trip Package that is not deemed to be a Guest must pay his/her own expenses. GP Winner and his/her Guest must be able to travel on September 21, 2012 and September 23, 2012. Exact dates of travel to be determined at Sponsor’s sole discretion. The Trip Package is subject to certain restrictions.
7. GENERAL PRIZE CONDITIONS/RESTRICTIONS: Limit one (1) Prize per winner/household. If GP Winner resides within a sixty (60) mile radius of Ontario, California (a “local resident”), in lieu of the round trip air transportation portion of the Trip Package, GP Winner and Guest will receive round-trip limousine transportation of Sponsor’s choice for Winner and his/her Guest between Winner’s residence, the hotel and the concert. No compensation will be awarded in lieu of the difference in the ARV for the Grand Prize.
GP Winner and his/her Guests must possess United States government-approved travel documents and be willing to sign any other legal documents required by Sponsor or Administrator and travel on the same itinerary. GP Winner and his/her Guest must be able to travel on September 21, 2012 and September 23, 2012 and able to attend the concert on September 22, 2012. Exact travel times and arrangements are subject to availability and blackout periods. Travel must be completed on a date to be provided by Sponsor. The Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible for any cancellations, delays, diversions or substitutions, or any act or omission whatsoever with respect to the Trip Package. Except as indicated in the Trip Package, all meals, taxes, gratuities, travel insurance, bag check fees, parking fees, laundry service, food, alcoholic beverages, incidentals (including mini-bar), phone charges, merchandise, souvenirs and other expenses not specifically identified in these Official Rules are solely the responsibility of the GP Winner and Guests. GP Winner and Guests must comply with all hotel check-in requirements, including, but not limited to, the presentation of a major credit card. Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible for any mechanical difficulties or failure connected with any Prize, or any act or omission whatsoever. No transfer, substitution, or cash equivalent for any Prize is allowed except at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole and absolute discretion, to substitute a Prize or Prize component with a prize of equal or greater value. Prize is non-transferable and may not be given, bartered, substituted, sold, or exchanged for cash or another prize. Unused components of the Trip Package have no redeemable cash value. All airline tickets issued in connection with the Trip Package are not eligible for frequent flyer miles, upgrades and cannot be used in conjunction with any other promotion or offer.
In the event that a Potential Winner chooses not to accept his/her prize, or is unable to be notified, an alternate Potential Winner will be randomly selected from all of the remaining eligible Entries. If the GP Winner elects to travel or participate in the Trip Package with more than three (3) Guests, such additional guest(s) shall be responsible for any and all costs associated with such participation. Air transportation and hotel accommodations must be taken together and cannot be taken separately. No changes will be made to travel details once any element(s) of the travel arrangements have been booked, except at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Lost or stolen tickets, travel vouchers or certificates or similar items, once they are in GP Winner’s possession, will not be replaced. Travel is subject to capacity controls, availability, blackout dates and certain other restrictions, all of which are subject to change. Travel must be roundtrip. No stopovers are permitted on tickets issued as the Trip Package. If a stopover occurs, the Trip Package will terminate and the GP Winner and his/her Guests will be responsible for the full fare which will be charged from the stopover point for the remaining trip segment(s), including the return. Airline and flight itinerary will be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Any unclaimed and/or unused Trip Package or element thereof will be forfeited by and will remain the property of Sponsor. No refund or compensation will be made in the event of the cancellation or delay of any flight. Travel is subject to the terms and conditions set forth in these Official Rules and those set forth by Sponsor’s air travel prize supplier, as detailed in the passenger ticket contract issued by such supplier. In the event the GP Winner and/or his or her Guests engage in behavior that (as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion) is obnoxious or threatening, illegal or that is intended to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person, Sponsor reserves the right to terminate the trip or other applicable experience early, in whole or in part, and send GP Winner and/or his or her Guests home with no further compensation.
8. SWEEPSTAKES CONDITIONS: Participants must complete all required data. Entries that have been tampered with or altered shall be rendered void. Sponsor is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunctions, human error, lost/delayed data transmission, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, line failures of any telephone network, computer on-line systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of Participants on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the internet or at any web site or any combination thereof, including injury or damage to participants or to any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participating or downloading materials contained in this Sweepstakes.
If for any reason the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other cause beyond the control of the Sponsors which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes, Sponsors reserve the right at their sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes. In the event that the operation, security, or administration of the Sweepstakes is impaired in any way for any reason, the Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, either: (a) suspend the Sweepstakes to address the impairment and then resume the Sweepstakes in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of these Official Rules; or (b) cancel the Sweepstakes and award the Prizes from among the eligible entries received up to the time of the impairment. Should the Sweepstakes be terminated or cancelled prior to the stated expiration date, notice will be posted on the website.
In the event of a dispute regarding entries received from multiple users having the same email account, the authorized subscriber of the email account at the time of entry will be deemed to be the entrant and must comply with these rules. Authorized subscriber is the natural person who is assigned the e-mail address by the Internet Service Provider (ISP) or any other provider or other organization responsible for assigning accounts. Entries generated by a script, computer programs, macro, programmed, robotic or other automated means will be disqualified. The use of any system or agent to submit online entries in connection with this Sweepstakes is prohibited and will result in disqualification. By submitting an Entry, each Participant (whether declared an Official Winner or not) agrees (and agrees to affirm such in writing) to (i) abide by and be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor on all matters relating to this Sweepstakes which decisions are final and binding in all respects, (ii) waive any right to claim ambiguity in the Sweepstakes or these Official Rules, (iii) forever and irrevocably release, discharge, indemnify and hold harmless the Sweepstakes Entities, and each of their respective officers, directors, licensors, employees, representatives and agents (the “Released Parties” ) from any liability, claims, demands, and cause of action from personal injury, loss or damage, including death, or property damage, theft, or loss suffered or resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from participation in this Sweepstakes or the use, misuse or acceptance or possession of any Prize or any portion thereof, or participation in any Sweepstakes-related activity; (iv) grant Sponsor (where permitted by law) the right to use their name, address (city and state only), and biographical information on a worldwide basis, in all forms of media, in perpetuity and for advertising or promotional purposes without review or further compensation and, (v) warrant and represent that the use of the materials submitted in this Sweepstakes will not violate the rights of any third parties. Entries must be in keeping with Sponsor’s positive image, as determined by Sponsor and Administrator in their sole discretion. Any materials containing obscenity, crude language, or descriptions of a violent or sexual nature (as defined solely by Sponsor or Administrator) will not be accepted and the associated Entry will be disqualified. All federal, state or other tax liabilities (including income taxes) arising from the Prizes contained in this Sweepstakes will be solely the responsibility of the GP Winner. Receipt of any of the prize components of this Sweepstakes is conditioned upon compliance with any and all applicable federal, state and local laws, rules, and regulations. Noncompliance with any of the above will result in disqualification.
9. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: Released Parties are not responsible for any claims, damages, lawsuits, causes of action, proceedings, or liability due to any injuries, theft, damages, expenses, costs, or losses to any person (including death) or property of any kind resulting from, arising from, or in connection with, in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from i) any typographical or other error in the printing of the Official Rules, offering or announcement of any prize, ii) lost, late, stolen, misdirected, damaged, incomplete or garbled Entries, iii) any error in the collection or retention of entry information, including, but not limited to, incorrect or inaccurate transcription, receipt or transmission of any part of the Entry due to human error, iv) any wrongful, negligent, or unauthorized act or omission on the part of any of the Sweepstakes Entities, or any of their agents or employees, v) the Sweepstakes and any elements thereof, and the participation or inability to participate in any Sweepstakes-related activity or participation in this Sweepstakes, including, but not limited to, any damage to Participant’s (or any third person’s) telephone system and/or its contents related to or resulting from any part of the Sweepstakes, vi) any malfunction of the telephone system, whether technical or due to human error in nature, lost/delayed data transmission, omissions, interruptions, deletion, defect, line failures, postponement, cancellation, or modification of the Sweepstakes, including, but not limited to, interruption or inability to access the Sweepstakes due to hardware or software compatibility problems of any telephone network (TSP), computer online systems (ISP), servers or providers, computer equipment, software, failure on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the internet or at any website or any combination thereof, including injury or damage to participants or to any other person’s telephone system related to or resulting from participating, vii) acceptance, receipt, possession, attendance at, travel related to, defects in, misuse, inability to use, or use of any Prize element contained in the Prize including, but not limited to, lost, stolen, damaged, delayed, or misdirected or destroyed Prize (or any element thereof), or viii) any change in the prizing (or any components thereof) due to unavailability, any of which is due to reasons beyond Sweepstakes Entities’ control, including, but not limited to, by reason of any acts of God, any action(s), regulation(s), order(s) or request(s) by any governmental or quasi-governmental entity (whether or not such action(s), regulation(s), order(s) or request(s) prove(s) to be invalid), equipment failure including but not limited to overloading of the Sweepstakes Site due to excessive use, threatened or actual terrorist acts, air raid(s), blackout(s), act(s) of public enemy, earthquake, war (declared or undeclared), fire, flood, epidemic(s), explosion, unusually severe weather, hurricane, embargo, labor dispute or strike (whether legal or illegal), labor or material shortage, transportation interruption of any kind, work slow-down, civil disturbance, insurrection, riot, or any other cause beyond any of the Sweepstakes Entities’ sole and reasonable control, or as otherwise permitted in these Official Rules.
In addition, Released Parties shall not be responsible for any cancellations, delays, diversions or substitutions or any acts or omissions whatsoever by any performer(s)/event(s), air carrier(s), hotel(s), or other transportation companies or any other persons providing any of these services and accommodations to passengers including any results thereof such as changes in services or accommodations necessitated by same. The passenger contracts in use by the airlines or other transportation companies shall constitute the sole contracts with respect to the GP Winner's and his/her Guest’s transportation and such contracts shall be solely between the GP Winner, his/her Guest’s and such transportation companies. Sweepstakes Entities shall not be parties to such contracts and shall assume no responsibility in such connection. Released Parties shall not be liable for any loss or damage to baggage or the loss, theft or damage of cash, cameras, jewelry, securities, heirlooms, negotiable papers or other valuables
GP Winner hereby acknowledge that the Sweepstakes Entities have neither made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any express or implied warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to the prize or any component thereof. GP Winner and his/her Guest assume all liability for any injury or damage caused, or claimed to be caused, by participating in this Sweepstakes or use or redemption of the Grand Prize. In the event a Potential Winner or Official Winner is disqualified for any reason under the provisions of these Official Rules, such Potential Winner or Official Winner and all rights to any Prize will be forfeited in its entirety and a random drawing will be conducted in order to select an alternate Potential Winner, if time permits.
WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, THE SWEEPSTAKES, ALL PRIZES, AND ALL MATERIALS PROVIDED ON OR THROUGH THE SWEEPSTAKES SITE ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. CHECK YOUR LOCAL LAWS FOR ANY RESTRICTIONS OR LIMITATIONS REGARDING THESE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS.
Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual that Sponsor or Administrator find to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserve the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law.
Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
10. GOVERNING LAW/JURISDICTION: The Sweepstakes and these Official Rules are governed by and shall be construed in accordance with the substantive laws of the State of New York (as distinguished from the choice of law rules) and the United States of America applicable to contracts made and performed entirely in New York and where the relevant contacts are with such state. Except where prohibited, as a condition of participating in this Sweepstakes, each Participant agrees that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes, the Prizes awarded, or the determination of the Official Winner shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action. Participant further agrees that in any cause of action, the Sweepstakes Entities’ entire liability will be limited to the cost of entering and participating in the Sweepstakes, and in no event shall the Sweepstakes Entities be liable for attorneys' fees and/or experts' fees and costs. Participant waives the right to claim any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct, or indirect damages and Participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
12.RULES/WINNERS LIST: To receive the name of the GP Winner or an additional copy of these Official Rules, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: “Do Your Own Thing Sweepstakes” c/o National Sweepstakes Company, LLC P.O. Box 10505, Rochester, NY 14610 for receipt no later than sixty (60) days following the drawing date. Please specify “Rules” or “Winner Info”. Vermont residents may omit return postage. You may also view the Official Rules by visiting www.nick.com/doyourownthing during the Sweepstakes Period.
“Do Your Own Thing Sweepstakes”
Subject to Official Rules
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. MANY WILL ENTER FEW WILL WIN. Official Rules and how to enter can be viewed at www.nick.com/doyourownthing. Certain Restrictions Apply. Sweepstakes open to legal residents of the 48 Contiguous US and DC who are between the ages of 8 and 15 or are the parent or legal guardian of a child between those ages at the time of entry. 1 Grand Prize available, total ARV of $5,850. The Sweepstakes ends at 11:59:59 p.m. EST on 8/26/12. Void where prohibited or restricted by law. Odds of winning depend on the total number of eligible Entries received. Sponsor: Viacom Media Networks, 1515 Broadway, New York, NY 10036.